Day 505 of retirement

Hi All

Saturday 25th June:

At 8:00am Zieyrish back to do the washing and cleaning. Very windy day but at least no rain. Had a brownout from 10:15am to 11:30am right in the middle of Zieyrish doing the washing means no water (water is an electric pump from the well). But as we have two emergency containers of water outside she was able to finish the washing.

I did a bit of a cleanup in the yard of the blown down coconut palms. Sorted out our rubbish and took all the glass, metal and plastic down to the roadside drop off. Then walked to the Sari-Sari store to replenish my Coke supplies.

On the way back, I noticed that my bag of recyclables was already gone as the locals use the cans and bottles for storing their house hold liquids.

After lunch, off to Joseph’s Mini-Mart for some Wi-Fi and blog posting. Home in time to get the washing before it blows away (wind is still blowing strong).

Finished off the evening watching the Assen MotoGP race. Casey Stoner came in second thus extending his lead at the top of the ladder. But a long way to go yet……..

Sunday 26th June:

Weather has settled down now so we are back to sunshine and a nice breeze this morning.

Thunder Monster got her usual wash and wax plus chain adjustment and a go over to be sure to be sure that she is in tip top condition, which she is of course (As my old Ducati mates would attest tooooo).

Dropped Guy off at Mahjong at midday and I headed for the expat gathering at the Barbarossa. Great turnout today with 10 people coming and going.

It was on a sad note that Harry’s (Aussie) mate (Also an Aussie) was over here visiting Mindoro and suffered a heart attack and died. He was 50 years old. You just never know do you.

Monday 27th June:

Day 500 of retirement. All I can say is bring on the next 500 and the next and the next ………. Life is good.

Up at 5:00am and off to Gerald’s for our Monday walk. Weather is back to normal so good to get back out after missing all last week due to the crap weather.

Cold Ice Tea followed by peppermint tea after walk was very refreshing. Home to nice cool shower followed by a banana que which guy had pickup at the market. She did a market run via Jeepney in my absence and got some nice fresh supplies.

Siesta after lunch and then it was time to do my de-molding as we have a nice sunny day. Got out my leather belt, shoes, big backpack and two camera bags. The mold was just starting to show once again in the hot humid weather. Once the items have been out in the sun for a few hours I brush off the mold with a stiff brush.

In the evening I lit the incinerator to burn up the household rubbish and also cleaned up our beach frontage of litter after the storms last week. Not much to pick up so the beach is clean once again.

Tuesday 28th June:

Up this morning and it looks like the GLOBE mobile phone network (the one Guy is on) is down. I have signal on my SMART network but Guy has no signal at all.

Guy went into Mahjong at midday and her phone was fine in town. Back home and looks like the GLOBE tower outside our place is down (no signal). Wonder how long it will be down???? Update. It came back on later in the night.

I made my way to Joseph’s Mini-Mart for some Wi-Fi and then, as it was a glorious afternoon, I cruised on the Thunder Monster along the coast. I explored a couple of roads that I hadn’t been down before and just went where my nose took me. Had a great time.

Guy also received word this afternoon that her brother Jerry has picked up our authenticated Australian marriage certificate so I can now become a citizen of the Philippines. As you may remember because we were married in Australia, the Philippines immigration required that it be authenticated by the Philippines embassy back in Australia.

When were back in AUS in March this year, Guy contacted the embassy and they sorted it out for us (they were very very helpful) and sent the official certified back here. It has just now made it through the Philippines system.

So we are looking at going to Manila next week to lodge my residency papers and then wait another month (or two) to have them processed and my residency issued.

Wednesday 29th June:

Brownout this morning from 7:30am to 8:30am and then again for another hour at 11:30am.

I headed for John’s place at 9:00am to catch up with John, Geoff and Wayne to go for a walk back in the boondocks behind John’s house. Wayne cancelled so it was just the three of us.

We had a great 1.5 hours walk along the ridgeline as we had Nilo (one of John’s workers) guide us, who kept us on the right track as there were many tracks going in all directions. We all sweated buckets in the humid jungle but a nice breeze on the way down was most welcome.

Back to John’s for drinks and some chicken soup, roast chicken (John had just cooked in his Turbo) and fresh Rye bread (also cooked in the Turbo) with real cheese. So all in all a very civilized morning indeed.

I called into the market on the way home for some little sausages for dinner. Just made it home for a nice cool shower and a hot cup of tea and the afternoon rainstorm hit.

Brownout from 2:00pm to 4:00pm so a nice afternoon siesta was enjoyed followed by fresh Mangoes for afternoon tea.

Dave the Canadian from over Mogpog way is back for a month or so. He called in while I was out with the boys and had a chat to Guy. Ron and I are off to see him tomorrow afternoon for a catch up.

Thursday 30th June:

Leisurely morning. Guy headed to Mahjong at midday and I caught up with Ron.

First stop was Boac for a few supplies and then we headed for Dave (Canadian) and Crissa’s (Local) house (Mogpog way) for a catch-up as Dave is back for a few weeks. Dave works in the Oil Tar Sands up north in Alberta (Canada) and due to massive forest fires the mining has been closed down for the moment.

Crissa cooked up a very yummy lunch and we chatted to them for several hours about life, love and the universe.

Back home just after 4:00pm to be greeted by the afternoon rain and a brownout. Power back on at 4:30pm so all good.

Friday 1st July 2011:

Up at 5:00am and off to Gerald’s for our early morning walk. Drizzled rain a bit but was quite nice as it cooled things down just a bit.

Back home at 8:30am and Zieyrish was here for the cleaning and washing. The sky was rather dark and stormy but decided to go ahead and do the washing anyway. It will get a good fresh rinse if it rains.

After lunch a nice little siesta was in order then we headed for Joseph’s Mini-Mart (20km away) for some Wi-Fi and Guy’s manicure and pedicure. Hit a nice big rain storm about 5km from Joseph’s but we did manage to get our ponchos on so didn’t get to wet at all.

By the time we left just after 4:00pm the rain had cleared and we had a dry run home. Quick stop at the bakery for some Pandecoco and our lives were complete.

Life is good.

Trevor & Guy


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: