Day 876 of retirement

Click on a photo below for the slide show. The slide show has the descriptions of each pic below the photo’s. You can also leave comments in this area.

To view the full size photo in a separate window go to the bottom right hand corner of the photo info and click on “View full size”. You can download the photo from this window if you wish.

Hi All

Saturday 30th June:

Up and off to the market for some supplies for the next few days. Back home and time to wash Thunder Monster 2 (John’s bike) as John is back on the island tomorrow after being back in England for the month.

I gave her a good wash and wax, changed the oil and a good going over ensuring that she is ready for John’s return.

At midday Guy was off to Mahjong and after a little siesta I headed to Google IT for some Wi-Fi to post the blog and check out some Kindle books.

Back home to cook up a pan of Pork spare ribs for dinner.

Finished the day off with a hot cup of tea watching the Netherlands MotoGP at Assen. Good to see Casey Stoner win the race and become equal top (With Lorenzo) on the MotoGP world ranking.

Sunday 1st July 2012:

It was my Thunder Monster’s turn for her wash and wax today. She got an extra wax today where I waxed all the plastic bits, the tank, the exhaust and the seat. It will probably rain now…..

Guy off to Mahjong at 10:15am and I made my way to Google IT for some Wi-Fi before the expat gathering at midday.

A small group today so we didn’t manage to solve all the problems of the world today. We shall complete the process next week…….  J

Monday 2nd July:

Up early (back into our Monday and Friday walks) and off to Gerald’s for our morning walk. As it had rained overnight, we did a beach walk this morning.

Back home for a leisurely morning with a siesta thrown in before lunch.

After lunch the rain came on and hung round most of the afternoon. We caught a Jeepney into Google IT for some Wi-Fi and Guy Skype’d Jo and Jordan in Canberra for a good chat.

Jordan is on school holidays at the moment and arrived in Canberra yesterday from Sydney for a three-day visit with his sister and Dave (Jo’s partner).

We caught the Jeepney back home as it was still raining which cooled things down a little.

I finished reading my 45th book of the year “Outlaw Platoon” by Sean Parnell & John Bruning (Kindle Book). A great read about Sean Parnell who is a former U.S. Army Airborne Ranger who served in the legendary 10th Mountain Division in Afghanistan.

Tuesday 3rd July:

Rain, rain and more rain last night. We are under a tropical Low pressure hence all the rain but at least it is calm (No wind) and the rain is steady.

Market day but with it raining we caught the Jeepney into town. A quick stop at Google IT for some Wi-Fi proved frustrating as the DSL signal kept dropping out every few minutes due to “the weather”. So we gave that up.

Bought our supplies and back home for a relaxing afternoon. The rain stopped for a while in the afternoon so a little walk on the beach was in order to clear the head after a siesta.

Wednesday 4th July:

Up and off to town at 10:00am where Guy and I are meeting Gerald at Gil’s new restaurant for brunch and some Wi-Fi. Gerald is installing the Kindle app on his Windows laptop and setting up an Amazon account to look at some books.

Once he managed to get the app installed and the Amazon account setup we worked through searching and finding eBooks. He found one he was interested in so we did a purchase (it was a free book) and completed the download to his laptop successfully.

Guy and I had a couple of very nice omelets for brunch. Guy also Skype’d Jordan and Jo in Canberra once again for a chat. At midday I dropped her off at Mahjong.

Early afternoon I made a quick run to the market to get a long handled stiff bristled broom to scrub the green fungi off the veranda at the cottage. With the rainy season back with us so comes the fungi.

Previously I have had to get down on my hands and knees to scrub. The old body doesn’t like that too much, so a brush with a handle was the order of the day. It worked heaps better and I got the veranda clean in about a third of the time.

We had a brownout from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.

Thursday 5th July:

Massage day today with Guy getting hers from Ailyn in the morning.

At 10:00am John (Pom) arrived to pick up the Thunder Monster 2 (his bike). He and Yolanda (his wife and our landlord) are back from the UK after their month long holiday there. It was a monumental holiday for John as he met his daughter for the first time in 43 years (she is 45 years old).

John’s marriage ended 43 years ago (with a 2 year old daughter) and he never saw his daughter again. Earlier this year he received a letter from his daughter Emma through the Salvation Army in the UK where his daughter was trying to track him down.

They exchanged letters and John let her know, through the Salvos, that he would be in the UK in June and offered her the opportunity to talk and catch up if she wanted to do so.

Well, it all went extremely well with John and Emma talking on the phone first then catching up with her. Emma got to meet the “other side” of her new family (John’s brother and his two kids). Looking at the pics it looks like a great time was had by all. John is over the moon that he now has a “new” daughter and sounds like Emma feels the same with a “new” dad.

After lunch I did a quick trip to Boac (44km round trip) for a few supplies. I managed to get about half of what I wanted so looks like another trip back again next week.

Late afternoon and Guy and I did a quick trip to Google IT for some Wi-Fi before all the school kids turned up at 4:30pm once school was out.

Friday 6th July:

Up early and off to Gerald’s for our early morning walk. We hiked back into the boondocks to Calong and back. It is about a 7km round trip with a nice steep climb all the way up. Back in 1 ¾ hours for some nice cool iced tea.

Home and Cherry here for the washing and cleaning day.

After lunch the rain set in for the afternoon so it was siesta and reading time.

I finished reading my 46th book of the year “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” by Stieg Larsson (Kindle Book). This is one of the best murder mystery books I have read so far. A complex mystery but even I was able to follow the plot.

Guy and I are reading the next two books in the series “The Girl Who Played With Fire” and “The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest”.

As we both have now read “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” we watched the DVD movie. It is quite different to the book in places. The book obviously is way better than the movie.

Life is good.

Trevor & Guy


One Response to Day 876 of retirement

  1. Charmaine & Harry Auer says:

    Hey Trevor … meant to ask you for awhile … where is this google IT you keep mentioning you go to? Is that what you call barbarossa? just wondering … details mate … Hugs… and see you for a nice cold ice tea soon …:) Charmaine & Harry

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: